Welcome to Gospel Read Thru In October! We are reading through all four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John from October 1st to the 31st. If you are not familiar with the details of this Gospel Read Thru, but would like to join us, please go to Gospel Read Thru Details and print out the Schedule. Once you have completed the reading for October 21, you may like to return here to answer the following questions. Please keep in mind, these questions are totally optional.
1. Luke 13 begins with what is titled “A Call To Repent”. Do you think verses 1-5 relate to the parable Jesus tells in verses 6-8? If so, how?
2. What is the Kingdom of God like in Luke 13? What does this tell us about the Kingdom of God?
3. There is a question asked of Jesus in Luke 13:23, “…Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” How does Jesus answer this question? Do you think verses 18-21 have already addressed this question?
4. After reading Luke 13, would you say that Jesus has any fear of man? What verse stands out to you that would clearly answer this question? What is Jesus’ main concern in Luke 13?
5. Whose house has Jesus gone into in Luke 14? How would the parable He spoke to the guests affect those listening; How does it affect us today?
6. How does the man’s response in Luke 14:15 and the reality of the following parable strike you?
7. What is the cost of following Jesus?
8. I love Luke 15:10. The image of angels calling each other together to rejoice over one repented sinner, as the the man who found his lost sheep or woman who lost her coin is a beautiful thing! Have you ever seen your day of repentance in this way?
*Remember to always stay within the context of what is being said and support your answer with Scripture.
These are just very simple questions, but you can take it a step further and ask yourself what is happening in each chapter. As there is a change of subject, mark it in the margin of your Bible.
Ask yourself: Who is Matthew speaking to or about? Who is Jesus speaking to? What is going on? When is it taking place? Where are they located? Why is Jesus saying what He is saying or Why are the Pharisees saying what they are saying? How are the people responding to Jesus? Are there any prophesies about Jesus? Are they being fulfilled?
Now that you have finished your reading of Luke 13-15 and answered the questions above, please stop by the Gospel Read Thru In October Facebook page and leave a comment about something that stood out to you while you read Luke 13-15. You may even like to leave a comment about one of the questions above or read what others have commented on and encourage another group member in their daily reading.
Great job with your reading today! Thank you for understanding while I took a break from writing questions for the Gospel Read Thru in October and focused on prayer for my sister-in-law. I have continued to do the Read Thru and am glad to see that you have continued to do the same. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or on our Facebook page.
If this post has been helpful to you, please don’t forget to “Like” it down below.
Thank you so much 🙂
Here are Matthew 1-5 questions, October 1
Here are Matthew 6-9 questions, October 2
Here are Matthew 10-12 questions, October 3
Here are Matthew 13-15 questions, October 4
Here are Matthew 16-18 questions, October 5
Here are Matthew 19-21 questions, October 6
Here are Mark 10-12 questions, October 13
Here are Luke 7-8 questions, October 18
Here is the Gospel Read Thru Schedule.