Welcome to Gospel Read Thru In October! We are reading through all four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John from October 1st to the 31st. If you are not familiar with the details of this Gospel Read Thru, but would like to join us, please go to Gospel Read Thru Details and print out the Schedule. Once you have completed the reading for October 6, you may like to return here to answer the following questions. Please keep in mind, these questions are totally optional.
1. Who has a hard time entering the kingdom of God and why?
2. What did Jesus mean in Matthew 19:30 and in 20:16?
3. When Jesus was hungry, what did He do?
4. Where was Jesus when the chief priests and elders of the people came to question Him about His authority? What did He tell them about His authority?
5. Why did Jesus quote Psalm 118:22, “THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER STONE; THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD, AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES”?
6. How did the chief priests and Pharisees respond to Jesus’ parable about the landowner and why did they respond this way?
*Remember to always stay within the context of what is being said and support your answer with Scripture.
These are just very simple questions, but you can take it a step further and ask yourself what is happening in each chapter. As there is a change of subject, mark it in the margin of your Bible.
Ask yourself: Who is Matthew speaking to or about? Who is Jesus speaking to? What is going on? When is it taking place? Where are they located? Why is Jesus saying what He is saying or Why are the Pharisees saying what they are saying? How are the people responding to Jesus? Are there any prophesies about Jesus? Are they being fulfilled?
Now that you have finished your reading of Matthew 19-21 and answered the questions above, please stop by the Gospel Read Thru In October Facebook page and leave a comment about something that stood out to you while you read Matthew 19-21. You may even like to leave a comment about one of the questions above or read what others have commented on and encourage another group member in their daily reading.
Great job with your reading today! I am glad we can read the four Gospels together. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or on our Facebook page.
If this post has been helpful to you, please don’t forget to “Like” it down below.
Thank you so much 🙂
Here are Matthew 1-5 questions, October 1
Here are Matthew 6-9 questions, October 2
Here are Matthew 10-12 questions, October 3
Here are Matthew 13-15 questions, October 4
Here are Matthew 16-18 questions, October 5
Here is the Gospel Read Thru Schedule.